On Wednesday, it was R's turn for date night, and oh, Mr. Man plans to impress, that's for sure! He made me homemade lobster mac-and-cheese from scratch. We're talking gouda and port salut cheese sauce over twirly noodles baked with bread crumbs sprinkled on top. Ughhh, it was so yummm! I could only have about 1 cup because it was so rich! We'll definitely play around with the recipe in the future, but that's the joy of cooking (at least in our opinion!). Then after dinner we watched "Dutch," which was so fucking delightful. (Al Bundy, dude!) I just love when Richard shows me films he adores, because most of the time I can spot at least 1-2 phrases I've heard him use before. (This film revealed "15,000 cheeseburgers" and "as troublesome as a cloudy day." :D)
Then on Friday, I decided to surprise my sweet man with a dry-aged steak with St. Agur bleu cheese and a beer he had never tried before. I'm so happy he enjoyed everything because I sure know diddly-squat about steaks and beer! (Thanks, Whole Foods employees!) After dinner, when watched "Stranger Than Fiction," and ate left-over Christmas candy. I was sooo excited for R to see this film, because it's just so charming! I love how whimsical it is without being goofy.
So basically, it was a good week for food and movies over here! Just when I think "We never have time for movies!" we watch, like, 75 one week. I simply have the best time with Richard, all the time, no matter what exciting or boring things we're doing (even when we're driving each other crazy!). Our little date-nights seem to have justified me buying this totally lame shirt that I wear ALL THE TIME NOW. Because that's what love is, right? Being so butt-crazy over each other that you don't care how dorky it is? Well, I hope so. That's what I'm kinda going for these days. ;P

No comments:
Post a Comment