a gift from debbie and aaron

Wednesday, January 2, 2013


When Richard and I went to Matt and Ioana's annual holiday party, we had the pleasure of receiving a crazy awesome gift from Debbie and Aaron. Turns out Debbie's job had given her some free passes to Six Flags, and she wanted us (the six of us! seven including Nick!) to go with her adorable family the next day. Um, put on your sunglasses! There's Holiday Joy beaming from my face!

Meghan's relationship with Six Flags is analogous to my relationship with Disneyland (ie, very sacred and very exciting), and the littles were obviously all in. Since we had to wait until I got off work to go, we were only able to ride a few things, but hey! Free tickets for eleven people to Six Flags!

Sadie, generally indicative of the evening's mood.



Veronica wanted a picture with Richard after Emmy's. 

The most focused picture I could get of Matthew. ;P


After our first ride, Debbie and Aaron took Veronica, Matthew, Meggie, Nick, and a very brave Emily to ride The Titan (the biggest roller-coaster in the park). While R and I reeeally wanted to go, too, we didn't want to take Sadie and R3 just to have them stand in line for something they wouldn't want to ride. We all split up, and R and I took the two littles on some kid-friendly adventures (the train and the swings).

So excited for the train!


R and I were admittedly disappointed about not being able to go on The Titan (I had ridden it a few times in the past, Richard never had), but when we caught up with everyone after a while Aaron immediately said, "Dude, Debbie and I will look after everyone. You two go ride that!" If I needed any more proof that Aaron is relentlessly precious, there it was! Richard's eyes lit up like fireflies, and we ran to the line right before the park closed. Deee!

Richard loved the roller-coaster and was stoked Aaron gave him the chance to keep up with his 9-year-old daughter (apparently The Titan terrified Emmy, but she was proud of herself for riding it!). I really enjoyed the chance to scream my head off (get all that holidaze pressure out!). Some days I just stand in awe of the amazing life I get to live with such an adorable big kid by my side and wonderful people who enjoy the journey just as much! We are so blessed to be so tired all the time. :)

No comments: