hi, blog! long time no see!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013



Hi, Blog! I know I haven't been around lately for a while, but I've missed you! We've been up to some awesome things the past few weeks, which include (but are not limited to):

- having CJ and Jim over for burgers
- starting ballet again!
- spending Christmas money like a BOSS (I'm so good at Retail Therapy)
- watching four shows on one glorious Saturday with my sweet man (1, 2, 3, 4!)
- inheriting a fishing boat from Charlie!
- getting some sweet recognition at work
- learning how to take awesome pictures on my camera (annnd failing? getting frustrated? snipping at Richard?)
- seeing my mommy for a teeth cleaning and eating lunch with her beforehand :)
- buying a new cookbook to try
- having our carpets cleaned!
- catching fish with Emily
- getting a shellac manicure and painting the girls' nails for KyScouts
- buying one of my favorite childhood movies for the kittens, because they love it now, too :)

And, to top it all off, I was approached by two casting agents for Dove's shampoo line while I was at the mall yesterday. Turns out I'm too young for the commercial they were casting for (you had to be over 30), but they said they ran over to see me and needless to say that made my whole day!

I'm doing well at so many things I want to accomplish. I'm trying to not be hard on myself for things I'm not accomplishing just yet.

Richard and I have a backed-up queue of sooo many shows/movies we want to watch, and last night I realized the main reason we don't get through the queue so fast is because we have too much fun talking to each other. What a problem! ;) I always hear stories of friends blowing through 5 seasons of a show or having movie marathons, and I think "That would be so much fun for R and I to do! Let's queue up X, Y, and Z!" But by the time I get home from work, eat dinner, take a shower, and tidy up around the house it's 9 o'clock and R and I are still having fun talking about things! Then we throw in all of our activities with ourselves and the kittens into the mix, and I just have to laugh at how something as easy as watching a movie takes forever. (It took us two days--Wednesday then the following Monday!--to watch "I Love You, Man," hahahahahaha.)

I got a glitter shellac manicure, and I feel like I'm 5 and just had my grandmother paint my nails. :)
R makes me laugh so much.
Ulyana Sergeenko's new collection debuted this week, and I'm SO EXCITED. 
Morgan from "The Mindy Project" makes me laugh so much, I'm kinda embarrassed.
I told Sadie how I felt kinda blah with my hair in a bun and wearing one of R's sweatshirts, and she took my hand and said in most concerned, supportive tone, "But you're always so pretty!"
I'm having a good time. :)

No comments: