"deck the halls with lots of coffee!"

Friday, December 21, 2012


Yesterday I was at work from 6:30am - 6:30pm whiiiile having the worst tummy ache ever, and then, to top it all off!, Richard had already left for derby practice when I got home and wouldn't be back until late. Ugh, what a nightmare!

But when I looked back on my Thursday today, all I could help focus on was all the little lovely things that happened throughout the day. I got lots of compliments on my (Day 3 Top Knot!) hair, I ate Christmas cookies all morning and worked them off all day, I had queso for dinner while taking a bath (role model, ya'll!), Richard was so so so so so sweet to fill my car up with gas when he got home from practice, annnd I fell asleep watching Charlie Brown cartoons on Netflix. Not too bad!! 

And while I was super tired at work today (how much sleep does it take to recover from a 12-hour Christmas shift?! forever?!), I came home to folded laundry (thanks, Baby), the Christmas grocery shopping completed (THANKS, BABY), and long drawn-out hugs from Meggie.

The good just always outweighs the terrible.

I certainly have the sweetest man in the whole damn world, and he sure brings quite the adorable party. I remember getting along just fine without him, but now I just can't even imagine it. :) We have the kittens for Christmas this year, and I'm so very excited for every single moment spent outside of work.

Quote of The Day:
I had already got onto R3 and Emily for making too much noise in their room by saying, "Hey! Simmerrr." Then when I walked in again to temper the noise (10 seconds later), R3 immediately turned around, looked straight at me, and said, "Yes?Simmer.Ok!" and turned straight back around to continue more quietly.

(title quote via, image via, :)

No comments: