Kylie Scouts

Saturday, December 1, 2012




Emily and Sadie been dying to be Girl Scouts for ages, but we can't really coordinate it into our schedule right now. So we started Kylie Scouts instead! The little girls and I will start taking an hour every week (and sometimes a weekend day, too!) to do something fun and Scout-esque. Make the best of what you got, right?!

This week was our first KyScouts event, and we made a Holiday wreath for our front door (or as Sadie so adorably calls it, a "wreaf"). It was super easy/cheap! The wreath and sparkley jingle-bells were a whole $9 from Michaels, and I had green ribbon and glitter sewing thread already at home. The girls loved working together, and the giant bonus was all the glitter on our clothes! (I can never really get upset over errant glitter.)

They were kinda perplexed that there weren't enough bells to cover the entire wreath, which lead to a really confusing explanation of "Well, Miss Kylie likes things that look romantic and ornate but also beat-up and organic at the same time." This obviously resulted in a couple of blank-stares. They'll appreciate it later, I'm sure!