Hilary posted this a couple of weeks ago, most likely after seeing this post, and it made me smile from ear to ear. Why? Because I completely forgot about doing this. But when I saw this, I totally remembered getting tipsy, and figuring out who was/wasn't working at Cheddar's that night, and driving around College Station giggling like GENIUSES.
There was this great Louis CK interview on the WTF Podcast a couple of years ago, and I always remember this one part where Marc Maron brings up something that Louis CK completely forgot about. And then Louis, being a genius, equates the memory to when ancient civilizations used to take-over their enemies' libraries, and, when their enemies collapsed, these civilizations were able to absorb all this information that would have been forgotten and give it back years and years later.
Isn't that beautiful? I honestly so rarely think about college and College Station because the memories that come rushing back are about stress and feeling misplaced. And then there's Hilary, who continually makes everything more wonderful and precious than (cynically) imagined. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment