my sweet saturday!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

On Saturday, I finished decorating the apartment (and by "apartment" I mean "one corner and a mantle"), and everything is so twinkly and happy! I'm not big into "RED+GREEN" for holidays, so I stuck with my good, ole "romantic + simple + beat-up + organic + obligatory glitter!" (That even makes my eyes roll.) (I can't help it.) But look at all the sparkles! Classy sparkles!





Meghan and Nick delighted us with a surprise, off-weekend visit in the afternoon, and um, how am I supposed to deal with that?! Nick just got his driver's license last week, and the one of the first things he and Meggie do is drive all the way from Garland to come and see us... sweetest boogerheads ever! R and I were incredibly caught off-guard when we heard the doorbell ring ("Did we do anything wrong?! Is the TV too loud?! Is our balcony unruly?!), but what a treat! The two ended up staying the entire afternoon while R and I hung stockings and ornamented the tree... it makes me smile just thinking about it. :)

Then, in the evening, we all went to a very belated birthday dinner for Richard with Del, Terri, Jayda  at Desperados. It's always so lovely to see those ladies, and you would think we all call each other twice a day by how easily we just pick-up where we left off. They came to our apartment before dinner for a brief tour (I love giving apartment tours) and the food was DELICIOUS. 

When everyone scattered, R and I came back home and watched "Away We Go" (adorable), and discovered my new favorite Christmas song playing on ATT's holiday radio channel.


Thanks, Saturday! You were awesome!

Editor's Note: I would also like to mention that while Christmas shopping on Friday, I mentioned to Hilary that if I was solely in charge of clothing Sadie she would wear (endless amounts of) tutus and be the fly-est six-year-old ever. To which Hilary responded "BALLER-ina." You're welcome. ;P

No comments: