hilary's graduation party

Sunday, December 15, 2013


My bestie-soulmate, Hilary, had a party this weekend to celebrate getting her BA! While Meggie and Nick played Babysitter, went to her home town (Fort Worth) and got to hang out with all of her family and friends who are, quite matter-of-factly, The Most Precious People Ever. After a super savory meal at Taverna, the kiddos (us) went around to a few bars in downtown Fort Worth, including one that reeeally reminded me of The Snakehole Lounge. ;P It was such a wonderful time! It's always so lovely to see Hilary's family (the family all families should aspire to) and it was great to finally meet her friends from College Station/Houston that I had heard about for so long. Plus, Hilary and I so rarely get to dress-up together, so it was definitely fun to show off our ensembles as a team. ;)


Fun side-story: At dinner, Richard asked the waiter to serve a glass of whiskey to Hilary's dad, James, only the waiter mis-read R's directions and gave the drink to Hilary's so-not-legal younger sister. Whoops! After clarification, it was simultaneously hilarious, legendary, and awkward. ;P

And to inadvertently solidify Richard's standing in Hilary's Family Lore, he told all the kiddos after dinner that he'd buy us all a drink if we saw a total of "10 slutty Santas" while at the bars. (We only saw 5! Ugh!) I'd always knew all of them would get along so well. ;)
Sorry I'm not sorry for a million different photos of two of my favorite people together. ;)

And sorry I'm not sorry for this picture after the "read more" jump, mom.



#whiskey :)

No comments: