July is Kitten Month in our family, meaning our little boogerheads are with us for the whole entire month. Yay! I don't mean to brag, but our kittens are sweet, hilarious geniuses, and it's such a blast being able to cuddle and laugh whenever we get home from work. So far, Meggie has sewn a new pair of shorts for herself as well as a darling little frock for Sadie-bug. Emmy and R3 are playing Minecraft every damn day, but that's what summer is for! We're also making popsicles with lots of frozen fruit and love (fresh love, not frozen, ya'll) and watching all of our favorite shows. There's even been some balloon sculpting going on, too! (To the tune of nunchucks, daschunds, and old-fashioned tube TVs, and D --for "Daddy"-- thankyouverymuch!) I barely have a second to photograph all the precious things that happen before something else precious happens!
Now, I fully intend to brag on how darling and patient my little sweeties have been so far this month. This work promotion is taking alot out of me, and I made a point to have a family meeting and tell everyone, "I'm going to be very tired, and probably cranky sometimes, but it has nothing to do with you guys and I love you!" And you know what, they all totally get it. Once Sadie was trying to cuddle on me, and I said very matter-of-factly, "Sweetie, I'm sorry I'm not so fun right now, I have to go shower." and she replied, "It's ok! I know you're probably pooped!" SIGH. And that's just my 7-year-old. When I thanked the littles for being so good before putting them to bed this evening, R3 said, "Well, we know you're tired..." Then there's my handsome Richard, being so sweet and amazing and silly even though he's just as tired and bombarded with crazy as I am... I mean, I have the best family. :) And while my face may look otherwise, it's totally worth being tired all the time. I mean, 9 o'clock bed-times are the new thing, right? Thought so. :)
(non-fake smile is still a work in progress! ;P)
(again, Meggie MADE DIS)
The Church of St. Minecraft.
hahahaha :)





No comments:
Post a Comment