We had such a blast on Saturday after spending some quality time with some of our favorite people. We met Matt, Debbie, Aaron, and Veronica at AAC (after riding the Dart!) to watch Matthew play hockey. As with any sport, I know diddly about hockey other than Matthew's team won, so yeah!
^Aaron and Richard flirting
Sadie comforting Matt, who sat by himself for a hot minute ("This is where the cool people sit!") | Forever obsessed with R3's new chipmunk smile...!
Little muppet face!
Afterwards, we met up at the Hafele House (sans Matt) for a good ole-fashioned... veggie cook-out! Richard and I have slowly tweaked a veggie fajita recipe that is likely to mess up any carnivore and it's one of our favorite meals to share with others. We did cook some ground beef, too, because lawd knows our sweet Matthew+R3 weren't going to have any part of it. ;P But all the girls had veggie tacos, or at least a bite thereof. Win!
She's such a ham, isn't she?
Richard, providing some pre-dinner entertainment. :) Goodness, he's so handsome!
Not pictured: hummus and refried beans! Om nom nom!
We wrapped up dinner semi-early, and Sadie was very insistent on throwin' down a hula-hoop challenge with Veronica afterwards. (We manage to evade the decision of "who won...") And then, I don't know how this happened!, but the next thing we knew, nearly everyone was playing some sort of sport outside. There was basketball, street hockey, rip-sticking, baseball... most often all at once! There was obviously too much fun activity going on to photograph, so just trust me. ;P (If you can't tell by the lack of Richard and Emily, they were upstairs the whole time playing a much coveted video game and only came down to feed. Whatever!)
Needless to say, I slept pretty well that night! (If I didn't have to work on Sundays, I would have slept really well...!) We are so lucky to be friends with the most adorable people. :) It's so nice to get together and just be big kids (who drink booze and eat healthy veggies, but that's totally allowed).
(Note: Meggie was at Scarborough Faire with Nicki-poo the whole day. I'm convinced she missed out. ;P)












No comments:
Post a Comment