Sadie's 7th birthday was this past weekend and oh my goodness, she's 7, and I could cry. My sweet little Sadie who loves being a girl and curling hair and wearing pink and having her nails painted and coordinating the perfect outfit. My sweet little Sadie-bug who is always willing to try new food and loves to help with everything even when she's sick and tired. My sweet little Buggins who's Cuddle Tank is never full, who cries when her daddy's tummy is sour, and who gets so excited when "Sweet Home Alabama" is on the radio.
Our sweet little Buggins been quite the busy 6-year-old this year! She's learned to write and spell big-kid words. She's mastered hilarious impressions of me and her daddy, as well as the "I'm Elmo and I Know It!" dance. She's cleaned her plate 98% of the time so eager to tell you, "I didn't like it, but I ate all of it!" She's learned how to hula-hoop and swim by herself!
Right now she's super into Ballerina Buns, the color pink, and singing along with Top 40 Radio. She walks with me to get the mail all the time, likes pajamas in theory (they never stay on the whole night), and will occasionally choose a banana over a sweet dessert because she "wants to eat healthy!" She'll proudly sport my lipstick kisses on her cheek and slyly show her older siblings she knows how to hold her own in this family, too. And at the end of the day when you need a hug, she's right there needing one, too, and she'll never stop reminding you with her sassy attitude that she's just like Meggie.
Top Sadie Quotes this year include...
"I can't eat any more... Daddy put in too much looove!"
"Nobody listens to little kids! The only people who listens to little kids... are babies!"
"I'm a Baby Ballerina Princess Puppy-Dog, and you're a Step-Mom Ballerina Mermaid Princess Queen."
"I love you so much, and we'll never be apart, except for only sometimes."
"You're the Dollar, and we're the Cents!"
"Uhhhh... Cheeeese Zombieee! I need more cheeese!"
"Thanks for letting Bob come over...!"
We didn't get to see her, but we had a little birthday bash on Tuesday when we saw a the kittens on our weekly Tuesday visit. She got all kinds of swag, and let's just say that swag comes really natural to this little lady.
Sadie, you're seven now. You're starting to give really awesome bathtub concerts, and on Tuesday you gave me a "... really?" look after I patted your bum and told you how sweet your heiney is. (You'll soon realize that I don't care.) I love watching you open and close the gates to the pool (you insist on doing it yourself), and I love when you ask if you can pick-out my outfits. You're still small enough to pick-up when you just can't stand it anymore, and you say the most hilarious things about people you're unsure of. I can start crying when I think about not being able to get you into a ballet class right now, but I promise I'll always do the girliest things with you whenever I can. You're our sweet Sadie-bug, and I can't wait to see all the shit you get into next. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment