remember remember, this blissful november

Sunday, November 23, 2014

November has been so wonderful this year. The weather has been all over the place, but in all my favorite places! From crisp and autumnal to coldcoldcold to rainy and cozy, I'll take it all! I'm slowly starting to get in the swing of things in my new office and am meeting some of the loveliest people in the process. Richard and I had a wonderful time celebrating his birthday by ourselves. :) Emmy and Meghan have quite the busy social calendars, while Sadie and Richard stay at home and love on us. :) As per usual (!), here are a few snippets from life lately...

Richard and Sadie passed out on the way to Juju's. I'm always such a sucker for dumplings passed out in the backseat. ;)


All dressed-up at the Windspear Opera House with my love, for "The Marriage of Figaro" (i.e., his birthday present!). Afterwards we went to Whiskey Cake (our favorite) and stuffed ourselves silly -- it was such a great Sunday!

Sadie-bug, helping Meggie cook dinner one Saturday night when Mema came over. We had chicken & eggplant parmesan with salad and homemade breadsticks, sooo yummy! It was so fabulous to be able to hang out with Mema, who is one of the most precious people ever. We were sad Emmy couldn't be with us, but she had a slumber party birthday to attend, you know. ;)

Richard and Sadie skating and "skate hugging" early one morning (you can tell because I have serious "morning voice!") These two play so sweetly together, it's such a joy to watch. After they came back inside and took their skates off, Richard just grabbed Sadie under her arms and carried her into the living room to play video games (it was quite a giggle fest to say the least!). 

Day 1 in my new office, complete with name plate and a mass of unorganized papers. ;) I have a great little "corner lot" space and it's so nice to be out of the house and working again!

Stretching with R before an evening walk, ballet style! (Always feels amazing!) Since leaving retail, I'm not running around as much as I used to so we've committed to "buddy-up" on walking 3-4 times a week, and man physically exerting yourself is so much easier with a buddy! There are times when I really don't feel like it, but then I'll approach R and he so sweetly encourages me with his "Yeah, let's do it!" What a guy. ;)

Other funzies not pictured:
- trading baked goods with our precious neighbor, Evie
- trying a local Brazilian restaurant with Tristan and Shaleah
- Emily slowly gaining traction on her clarinet skills!
- trips to my old Whole Foods in Addison for lunches and hugs from so many sweet people
- drinking in the crisp, cold air after being inside for long periods of time
- STILL munching on Halloween candy... :)
- falling asleep watching "Valley Girl" all the time (my new bedtime ritual, however lame!)
- the beauty of having a flexible work schedule! Starting a real estate business is tough, but at least I can stop & go as needed based on my family's schedule :) :)
- Meghan accidentally referring to me as "mom" once :D
- finally trying an Olive Oil's pizza, which was a great decision, SO YUMMY
- introducing Meghan to "The Birdcage" (crucial) and Richard comparing me to Nathan Lane's character (!)
- sweet potato + bean combos, all day every day
- R3 calling Meghan on her cell just to hear her voice and tell her he missed her *crying*
- Amy Poehler and Diane Von Furstenberg inspiring my every move.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week! :)

No comments: