Our Thanksgiving(s) this year were so wonderful. We didn't have the littles for the actual day, so Richard, Meghan and I went over to Darrah's house for suuuch a fabulous meal (stuffing! stuffing all the time!). I may not eat turkey, but I do get particularly excited for Thanksgiving because I use it as an excuse to throw down on some Chilean Sea Bass (which isn't the cheapest fish you can get!), and this year did not disappoint. Darrah has done a lot of beautiful work on her home, particularly in the kitchen, so it was especially fun to inaugurate her new facilities with her and her boys. That's mostly why I don't have any pictures of the actual day because I was too busy "ooh"-ing and "ahh"-ing and laughing with everyone to pause, but you can't ask for more than that. :)
Thankfully (puns!) we were able to have the babies over the weekend, so my mumsie and Grandpa Jim made it over for "second Thanksgiving!" We had steaks, salmon, baked potatoes (including sweet potatoes!), and salad which I dare to say is the greatest 2nd Thanksgiving meal ever. :) Juju even brought over a gingerbread house for the kittens to decorate! (She picked up on the "grandmother" thing real quick, lemme tell ya.) Here are a few pictures from our lovely afternoon...
Emmy was planted in her "spot" in front of Grandpa Jim for a good half-hour since he was sweet enough to scratch her back. (My step-kinds love a good back-stratch. Back-scratches cure all!)
Sadie, teaching Juju how to play some "clapping games." There was a lot of giggling! And it wasn't long before mom ended up wearing Sadie's costume jewelry (those two together are hilarious).
Our beautiful salmon fillet, before preparation.
The girls putting together the gingerbread house! It was the perfect thing to do while Richard was cooking. :)
Recovering from a very fulfilling meal!
The final product! The girls weren't worried about parting with the actual house, which Juju really wanted to take home, as much as the icing. (Priorities!)
Richard and his hero :) (Apparently Grandpa Jim said, "Surprised we didn't break the camera..." ;P)
Not pictured: R3 (poor dumpling wasn't feeling well, unfortunately!), Meghan's homemade honey butter (for the baked sweet taters!), a thousand more boxes of seasonal white-fudge oreos from Juju (my holiday crack), and Emmy & Sadie macking on everyone's plate for their salmon (the little girls are obsessed). We even got to go over to play at Debbie + Aaron's afterwards! Needless to say, we were all very happy by the end of the day. :) Not bad, 2014 Thanksgiving, not bad at all! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment