feeling tipsy and fresh--!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013


On top of the list of things I most look forward to is a date with CJ. We haven't been able to hang out in a few months (thanks, life!), so I was over-the-moon when we were able to schedule a Monday-night champy date to catch-up and be silly. I was so excited that I dirtied everything in the kitchen, ahem, I mean made homemade lemon bars from scratch (twerkin' that fresh lemon zest!) because nothing feels more lovely than treating my friends and family like the celebrities they are. Plus, Ceej always has the champy, ya girl has to show up with something.

(Sometimes we accidentally get a little heavy handed with the berries in the champagne... homemade champagne cobbler!)

After cocktails and dessert, we went with Jim to a little Japanese place around the corner, and I allowed myself to have udon noodles for the first time in years. (Ugh, how I missed your starchy goodness, udon!) We were even served tempura pumpkin?! I didn't know that was a thing, but it sure was delicious. Basically, I could really get used to these opulent Mondays! It was one helluva way to kick-start a week. :)

No comments: