This week was R and I's first week back at work, and boy was there work waiting for us! I'll just say I had so much overtime throughout the week that I only had to work 2 hours one day to even everything out. Phew!
However, it was my sweet angel's birthday on Thursday, and since he had a long-awaited tattoo appointment on his birthday we waited for Saturday to have a fun, little birthday date. We even got all gussied up and bought new clothes for the occasion! #opulence
We started by having an amazing dinner at the amazing Sundown at Granada! One of our darling chef friends told us that we specifically have to go there because they have a great mix of omnivorous plates and vegetarian/vegan offerings. And we were completely sold after seeing how many times the menu used "with drunken mushrooms" to described a dish. I honestly haven't felt so "ugh?!" on what to select from a menu in a very long time, so needless to say we plan on going back a few more times to try everything.
(The most wonderful flat-bread... with drunken mushrooms!)
Then, we went to see Gravity in 3D, which was one of the most stressful film experiences of my life. I sure am glad AMC has a bar, because I was nursing my whiskey the whole movie trying to deal with the suspense! Don't get me wrong--the film was GORGEOUS and amazing on every level, and the birthday boy thought it was kick-ass (which was the whole point), but involving me in any gripping "suspense/thriller" movie basically means getting me tipsy so I don't pass-out from the stress.
(Yes, R and I matched for the evening. We're freaks. HAPPY FREAKS IN LOVE.)
Overall, this weekend has been really lovely. Meggie and I went on a long-overdue Meggie Date (buying Clinique mascara and my new birthday date sweater!), while Richard and I watched the new Aziz Ansari special, and cleaned out the closet a little bit. We even bought the original "Wizard of Oz" on Blu-ray, which makes my heart so happy! Things are coming back together piece by piece, even if it's hard and full of suck, but we have so many friends and family members giving us all they got and it never escapes us how lucky we are. And if this week was any indictation, we're totally going to kick November's ass. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment