We had the kittens this weekend, and we decided to have a Family Party on Saturday night. And by "Family Party," I also mean, "Fuck, I'm so exhausted, and it's my day off, so let's hope no one notices me sleeping during Wall-E!" But Daddy-man made a kick-ass fort for watching movies (those are hockey-sticks underneath there!), and we made homemade gingerbread cookies from scratch. Nom nom!
The last time I tried to make gingerbread cookies, I got so lazy and cranky half-way through the recipe and ended up throwing out all the dough because ughhhhhh being cute and domestic is harrrd! But! Having four darling, eager beaver helpers really encourages you to get your shit together and try your damnedest---boy, I could see the difference! The kittens decorated some and ate plenty more. Basically, if the unicorn and dinosaur cookie cutters don't get passed down as cherished family heirlooms, then what the hell is the point in all of this?




No comments:
Post a Comment