My goodness, this month was kinda insane... and went out with a bang, too! The ice-storm earlier this week was a piece of cake compared to Snowpocalypse Friday. I spent FOUR HOURS in the car going to/fro Little Elm to pick up the littles from school for a dental appointment... that was cancelled 10 minutes before we finally arrived. GAH. You know how hard it is making dental appointments for 3 dumplings, when Wednesdays and every other Fridays are your main options? It's not that much fun! After walking back into the house in a daze, I drowned my missed-appointment sorrows in veggie chili mixed with mac and cheese... it was absolutely disgusting and completely hit the spot. ;) And then my amazing husband cleaned the bathroom so I could take a nice bath while the kiddos ravaged the snow. I try not to complain too much here on the blog, but let's chalk this up to "keeping it real:" Friday SUUUCKED. ;P
Anywho, 10 hours of sleep and a bottle of wine later, I feel back to normal! Here are some more fun parts of February that are worth remembering wayyy more than Snowpocalypse Friday. ;)
Repo, the sweetest dog at C3 Auto, who kept me company while they fixed my CD player. You outta check out their shop if you're ever in need of a new car! Great group of people, all about customer service. :)
The cutest little macarons in our breakroom one day.
An amazing Galentine's Day afternoon, hosted by Shaleah, with the sweetest, most creative yums and the most wonderful group of gals. :D
See just some of the yums here!
The cutest "party favor:" homemade candles in tea-cups! Shaleah is adorable!
And Tomo, making sure we feel loved as we left. :D
Notes from my family that make me smile. :) (I have no clue if Grandpa Jim knew he was Facebook messaging me, he probably doesn't either, but I'll certainly take it!!)
An amazing feast a la Tonya: almond-crusted fish, a bounty of squash, and the most delightful salad I've had in a while. :)
This meme, which always makes me laugh.
Adult sippy-cups at "The Book of Mormon!" The most handiest theatrical concept ever!
Silly selfies during "The Book of Mormon" intermission. ;)
Lady Gaga's Oscar performance, which I'm still emotional about.
Meggie french-braiding Emmy's hair one night. :)
How pretty the snow looks when it's falling and I'm inside without having to drive anywhere.
Sadie, post-Snowpocalypse Friday drive. :D
Emily (in my boots!)
Meg by the firepit, Emmy in the hammock, while Sadie and R3 attempt to roll a ball of snow to make a snow man... didn't work out. ;)
Important memos.
This! Still!
Other awesome memories, not pictured:
- Chas spending the night with us, watching the SNL 40th anniversary and eating pizzah!
- One of the fishes in our fish tank having a BABY.
- Fun, professional things with Yesenia!
- Lunches and pow-wows with Janine, who encourages me to eat donuts (thanks!)
- A new indoor work-out routine for R & I... that completely kicked out butts, but hey! We're doing it!
- Meghan making her Da a sandwich, just because he asked. ;)
- Stephen going to the grocery store with me. :D
- drinks at home with Matt, because he's awesome
- Getting my real-estate business going, slowly but surely!




No comments:
Post a Comment