You know those weeks where you feel like you can't catch up? That's this week. Between the general burning of home fires, planning a move (we're not moving, but family is moving closer to us!), my graduate school interview, new work promotion groove, and trying really hard not to go insane (thanks for your help, alcohol!), I'm so exhausted.
Fortunately, Richard and I had such a nice weekend that slowed down the pace of all the chaos ever so slightly, and I've been relishing in the memories of our relaxation alot the past few days. We haven't had a nice, cozy, insufferable weekend alone in a couple of months and we sure made the most of it.
Highlights include...
- Red snapper and asparagus/sundried tomato risotto we made from scratch on Friday.
(The risotto tasted like pizza! It was so weird! There were zero left-overs...)
- Dnner for the first time at Seasons 52... so yummy, and they don't use butter! Amazing!
- THE DESSERTS AT SEASONS 52. SERIOUSLY.
- Finally saw This Is The End, which was hilarious and stupid.
- I spilt white wine all over myself at the movie theatre and had to change R's huge, manly Dickies button-up mid-picture. #balance
- Staying in bed until 2pm on Sunday.
- Even doing productive things like laundry (me!) and washing our cars (R!).
Ugh, you sure were wonderful, Weekend, and we miss you already. You don't come around too often, which is a shame, but it makes us appreciate you all the more when you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment