our trip to santa fe...

Sunday, September 25, 2016


Over Labor Day weekend, Mumsie and I went to Santa Fe for the very first time for a birthday getaway weekend (for Mumsie!). Dan, Brenda and Dana met us there, and we walked alot, ate very well, and did some excellent shopping. Here are some fun pictures! I also took mucho video, which is too long to upload to YouTube but it's in my hard-drive. :) 



Airport looks: yellow top, green pants, attention from everyone because we are adorable. ;)

The itty-bitty Santa Fe municipal airport, which made you feel like a celebrity getting on and off the planes.

I got a bad case of altitude sickness ("Turns out you're a sea-level girl," says Richard) and luckily we found this little oxygen bar that did the trick! However, in another display of life's cruel jokes, you had to walk up a flight of stairs to get to the hippy-dippy place. REALLY?! Thankfully, the oxygen treatment really did take the edge off, and there was some cool shit to look at while we were waiting. ;)

The ice-cream shop I had to pull mom out of while we were walking to get my treatment. (We did go back and get her some ice cream afterwards, hahaha)

Walking around the square after breakfast (Dana's friend, Megan, joined us!).

And Brendi buying mommy a bluebonnet print!





Stopping for gelato and sorbet, which was right across from our hotel. :)

Birthday compliments from The Inn & Spa at Loretto!

Pool time and fish tacos - a winning combination.

We got on the waiting list early for this famous joint, and then did some more walking...

Like at the Christmas store.

Whichtotallyfreakedmeoutalittlebit. :X

So I went walking around by myself for a few minutes, and found these adorable accessories. #flawless.

This was my FAVORITE shop - they had the cutest decor! 

GODDAMN, I LOVE SANTA FE HOME GOODS.


Really?! IN LOVE.


Still waiting for our table... (it was worth it, lol)


Looking at the menu, deciding what to get!

A "low door" into the restaurant, the perfect size for Brendi!

We ordered 3 desserts, because it was Dana's birthday weekend, too!

Walking around after dinner, taking some scenic pics. ;P


DISCO SKULLS?!


"Kylie, take a picture of me with this flower!"
"I did!"

"No, get a better one!"

Rainbow columns, just asking for Dana and I to be more adorable together.


The adults, very impressed with the size of this mailbox, teehee.

(Not pictured: Hotel employees wishing mom a happy birthday in passing on the street, because she does that!)

We got back to the hotel just in time for it's EVENING happy hour (!) - we were fawning over this beautiful sangria drink that the bartender made, and next thing we know it was in her hands because the original orderer didn't want it. SHWING!

And I managed to do 75% of my workout, but I had to quit before the last circuit because #altitudesickness


The next day we went to Meow Wolf, which is this wonderful/amazing/terrifying/weird as hell art collective exhibit that Dana had been to before (thank goodness she had, because she was the best guide for me!). It's like... Pee-Wee's Playhouse on steroids? Alice in Wonderland meets 2001: Space Odyssey? You'll have to ask me about it in person, but I LOVED IT.






The famous Loretto Chapel!


Dinner at The Pink Adobe (which had a pink prickly pear margarita!).





The next day, mom and I explored on our own before our late flight out. We went to the Georgia O'Keefe museum, ate some good noshies, and squeezed in more shopping!



Back in DFW, with a Sadie and Richard pick-up date. :) 

Also not pictured:
- The forever long wait at the Santa Fe airport on the way back and dying of thirst because apparently they don't sell concessions on Sunday. WHATEVER.
- My new house numbers that mom got for me that make me SO DAMN HAPPY.
- The (apparent) Female Santa Fe uniform: a white blousey top, jeans, chunky jewelry and funky shoes. 
- Going back to Meow Wolf after dinner because mommy was very insistent on getting a specific t-shirt for my husband, haha.
- Mom realizing her senior discount was not only possible, but very important!!!

SaveSave

No comments: