trip to portland :D

Friday, May 20, 2016

Mom and I had THE BEST time visiting Donna and Auntie in Portland this year. Here are a few (ha, many!) pictures and videos from our trip!

Starting the whole thing off right with mimoas in DFW airport... we earned it after waking up at the crack of dawn and sitting in a taxi for an hour. ;)

Mom's hotel present! ;) When I made reservations at Silver Cloud Inn, I just made a silly comment in the additional notes saying, "Please print a color photo of Kevin James and place on the pillows - it will make my mom laugh." AND THEY DID. :D

Beautiful views from their home's patio...




We had a very boozy holiday, par for the course with these ladies! :D After going out for lunch one day, we came back home for a nice afternoon drinking on the patio. More after the jump!







(Proof I was actually there! ;P)



Before this picture, mom said, "Hang on, I have to pull my boobs down..." to which Auntie said, "I think I have to pull mine up...!" LOL






A few old pictures sprinkled around their house...



 


Auntie trying her great-niece's green juice, hahahaha.

And some more pictures of their actual house!



Sweet puppy dog!

Ponytail plant!

Auntie's handmade tapestry - she can't remember jack, but she CAN remember that she made this during Nixon's impeachment. ;P

I MEAN, LOOK AT THAT.


The jade plants are numerous and gorgeous!

Can't get enough of those views from their house!

Drinking a gorgeous rosè after dinner.

One day we went for a little day trip to Multnomah Falls and the surrounding scenery at Vista House with Auntie's friend, Heidi... but we had to start with cocktails with lunch (Auntie had a "bees knees" cocktail because she is ADORABLE)! We gave Donna the day off, because we wanted Aunt Marion all to ourselves! Here's a little video below if you'd like to skip all the pictures. ;)










Auntie and our new best friend, Heidi!









When we got back to the house, we had a wonderful dinner with John and Linda (here's mom holding court, as per usual ;P). We even got to see Auntie's music box in action...



This picture wasn't from our trip (from her 89th birthday!) but it's SO CUTE I had to include it! Look how cute she is!


And some cocktails at the airport before heading back to DFW! ;D (Traveling with mom is THE BEST, haha).

Other memories, not to be forgotten:
- Donna's AMAZING VEGETARIAN DINNERs. Risotto! Lasagna! GIMME ALL OF IT.
- Family bonding time at the grocery store ;P
- Me forgetting to bring pants and a subsequent Uber drive to the Old Navy for jeans... (thank goodness for technology, ya'll!)
- Auntie's terrible memory and her delight in the most basic revelations ("You're James' daughter? No kidding!")
- Auntie's terrible memory and her delight in coming back into the dinner party after every small nap ("Who are all these people?!")
- Auntie's terrible memory and her wanting to try my disgusting green drink again the next day (I spared her, don't worry!). Basically, she has a terrible memory but that doesn't stop her from being the world's most adorable person.
- Auntie's freakishly detailed eye-sight. She'd see bugs on the floor 10 feet away!
- Mom's very impressive (and oversized) purse, which made Auntie go "WOAH!" whenever she saw it, ahhahahahaha
- Mom working the airplane to get answers to her crossword puzzle
- Watching "Trainwreck" on the ride back
- Coming back home and partying with mom some more. Manny's! Sweet Firefly!
- Just being so relaxed and refreshed and in love with everything the few days afterwards. What else are vacations for! We seem to know how to do it right. ;)

No comments: