(Patting myself on the back for not getting 2 months behind on blog posts! ;D) Last weekend and SO BUSY. On Friday, we took all the kittens to Main Event in Frisco Emily's school band peeps - I had to head that way right after work, and thank goodness for the Main Event bar! ;) Saturday was errand after errand after errand, all while Richard helped Juju buy a brand new car - no big deal - and THEN we had Darrah and the boys over for burgers and Star Wars. Phew! Then on Sunday, I took the girls (sans Meggie, who had to work unfortunately!) to sweet Yesenia's baby shower BEFORE the usual Sunday shuffle to get them back to their mom's. But everything went off without a hitch, I kinda felt like dropping the mike come Sunday evening! (Which was the beginning of another full week... but I won't bore with any of those details. Let's just say I had mixers Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday... *falls over*)
So, here's some photos from our busy weekend. :D
This is Sadie, after coming in Third Place in laser tag at Main Event. The conversation before this selfie went something like this: "Mommy, I came in 3rd place! And it was my first time playing it! Can we take a picture? And put #thirdplace?" (Always asking about hashtags, these days. ;P)
My weekend errand uniform these days consist of "button down, skinnies and lipstick" and I'm very unapologetic for it. This particular combo got me a "You look like Agent Carter!" comment while at the dry-cleaners, and I was SO INTO IT (after Googling who Agent Carter was, because I'm a dinosaur... at least with Marvel-related information).
We took Miss Sadie-bug to get a hair trim, and stopped by Corner Bakery for lunchies afterwards!
Mommy after her new car purchase. She and Richard make a SUPER team. :D
Sweet D brought over not 1, not 2, but THREE desserts for us to nom on after our yummy burger dinner (and... before? I regret nothing!). Two of which were of the fruit pizza variety, which I'm fairly confident is Juju's new favorite thing. ;)
The boys and girls were all in Star Wars gear in support of our Star Wars: Episode 4 selection for movie night - THEY ARE SO CUTE.
Emily, doing what she does (and R3 and Sadie were doing the same, just in their room - they're almost non-exsistent some weekends, guests or no!).
Me and my sweet Yesenia at her baby shower!
And our girls (I feel like this is a very telling photograph of all their personalities. ;P)
There was even a Baby Azalia cocktail! I was so smitten!
The baby shower was at On Premise, in Deep Ellum, and Emily (our little artist) fell IN LOVE in Deep Ellum. "There's art every where! Everyone looks so weird, but it's, like, normal! Beards everywhere!" We officially decided to take her for a more thorough walk-through on her birthday date this year. ;)
Phew! Annnnd on Monday, R and I went to Mumtaz for their AMAZING buffet to reward ourselves for all our work. Shwing!







No comments:
Post a Comment