it's been a good week!

Friday, July 3, 2015


Last weekend was our "last weekend alone" before having custody of the littles for the entire month of July, and it was a good one! We went over to Nancy + Nery's for and "adults only" birthday party for Nancy, and it was sooo fun! 


Darrah came with (!) and there were watermelon margaritas, crawfish and LOTS of sunshine! (Sooo grateful for my rash guard! No sunscreen police for me!)

Ioana made ROSÉ + PEACH POPSICLES. MAGICAL.

We had to leave way too early because Richard was waking up early the next morning to go fishing with Stephen and Nick (FINE, I GUESS. Drag me out of the pool!)

The boys went fishing and had a really great time. Afterwards, we drove down to The Hill with Meghan for lunchies with Tonya, Mumsie and Jim. It was sooo fun! My family is so adorable and hilarious and I'm so jealous mom lives in proximity to Tonya to have happy hours all the time together. (Which leads to really adorable texts like THIS between mom and R...)

SO J, I AM, YOU GUYZ.

We picked the kittens up on Wednesday for our Kitten Month, and it has been such a great time! Richard and I put the foot down with a daily "chore chart" for all 4 of the boogerheads, annnd it's pretty much the most amazing ever. (We virtually don't have to do dishes anymore, mwahahaha! Oh, and responsibilities and doing a good job and blah! ;))

Other great achievements this week:
- Another real-estate closing! And other exciting work stuff!
- Gay marriage! Yeah!
- Going to see R at work and him walking around with me while I pick out veggie juices (swoon, seriously).
- Walking around Northpark for a second and casually buying something! How I missed you, casual shopping!
- Meghan being the sweetest step-daughter ever and negotiating the littles' bedtime quarrels while R and I sleep. She's the sweetest!

It's 4pm on Friday, and I've been in my jammies since 1pm while napping, munching on Cheetos, watching TCM... let's all remember this moment. I told you it's been a good week!

No comments: