- He LOVES math and science (score!) and doing all kinds of math/sciencey things with Stephen!
- R3 has the cutest idea of having a lemonade stand at our big garage sale last October. (Which, lasted all of 5 minutes because it was hot and boring. But we give him props for thinking of it! ;))
- He's basically BFFs with our neighbor across the street, Jake (who he met because of said garage sale!). They go to the park together, play video games, have sleepovers... thank goodness, because R3 is surrounded by estrogen nearly 24/7!
- And when he's not able to hang out with a fellow dude, he will just sleep on the couch some nights for his boy time. Bless!
- He's pretty much ALWAYS the first one to hug me when I come home (even if his eyes are still glued to the video game on TV ;P)
- He officially discovered his love of fishing (which happened as R would take fishing gear up to Little Elm to pass the time waiting for Sadie's volleyball practices to start). R3 always liked to fish, but he seems to be super into it these days. Like, "Dad, you're bringing all the fishing gear, right?!" ;P
- He did a great job of claiming the only chair in the kittens' room as "R3's Personal TV Chair." BIG DEAL.
- He kinda maybe sort of talks about girls sometimes?! No, of course, he's too cool for that. ;)
- He got a motor scooter for Christmas and drives that thing all around the neighborhood! I mean, he even picks up other kids we've never seen before and drives them around (to our house, to the park...) It's so cute!
- Watching "Death Race 2000" with me!
Great R3 quotes this year include...
- "At first I was really happy our dental appointments were cancelled, but now I see how you feel about it and I'm really sad about it..." (post-Snowpocalypse Dentalpocalypse!)
- "What?! No... I... no, what?!" when you accuse him of anything girl-related. ;P
- When he called Meghan on his own because he missed her and wanted to hear her voice (me = dead)
- "I'm as cute as a great white shark." ;P
- Amazingly hilarious video game commentaries, including "Wrecking Ball" parody ("I came in like an ICE-CREAM BARRR!") and simply saying "MY ANACONDA DON'T---!" over and over again.
- Grabbing my hand and saying "Hi, step-mom..." a few days after we told them R & I were getting married. (RIP ME!)
- "Emily, you look really pretty in that picture!" trying to say something nice to his sister, even though she was being ROUGH!
This year for little man's birthday, we had burgers and he got a FULL fishing gear set-up. Um, R3-tastic! Meghan made a beautiful (and delicious!) Oreo cake and Jake even spent the night! Because his birthday falls so closely to Fathers Day, R had planned for all the boys to go out fishing early over the weekend... but thanks to the rain, that didn't really work out. (Bummer!) BUT, I was able to take the birthday boy to Alamo Drafthouse to see "Inside Out" for our birthday date, and he was sooo excited! We ordered big shakes and a mountain of popcorn, and I cried alot (which thankfully R3 didn't mind ;P).
I'll happily say this 1000 times, because it's 1000% true: R3 is hands down the sweetest little man on the entire planet. He has a heart and soul of gold, this one. We have alot of new things happening on the horizon (junior high!) and I can't wait to see all the things he gets into. We love you so much, HoJu! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment