emily is 12

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A little behind the times in this one! #realestatelife ;)


Our sweet, darling Emily turned 12 this year. She's such a fun girl, and has had such a wonderful year, including (but not limited to)...
- She started junior high!
- And with junior high came... make-up! But, don't worry, it didn't stick. She was really into make-up for 3-4 months (much to her father's chagrin) but then it pretty much dwindled out (much to her father's delight!) for the rest of the year.
- She has a boyfriend... kinda! His name is Gabriel, and he's looks like a bona-fide Pixar boy character. ;) They hang out and go to choir concerts and little school parties together, don'tcha know.
- Emily became really into band. She played tried out the clarinet and bassoon before finally landing on the saxa(ma)phone :)
- Due to scheduling conflicts, she had to choose between band OR art, and it was not a fun time at the Moore household. (That's basically asking her, "Would you rather loose your right arm or left arm?")
- Emily got an iPod for Christmas, which meant lots of Facetime and texts when we can't see our little boogerhead. :)
- She even started watching foreign films with me! I was watching "Jules et Jim" one afternoon, and Emily just plopped down beside me and dove right in. Now, she didn't finish watching it (which I told her was a-ok!) but bless her heart, she wanted me to tell her how it ended. <3
- Learning how to talk about what's bothering her. Classic middle child this one! "Oh, I'm just fine! It's all ok!" No no no, we pull it out of her whenever we can. ;) (And say, "Hey, isn't it cool that we figured something out?! Wasn't that worth talking about it?!")
- And I taught her how to cat-walk through the Old Navy parking lot. ;P

Great Emily quotes this year include...
- "Sir Ice Cream Newton."
- Me: "Emily, you didn't put your name on Darrah's [homemade] card." Emily: "Are you kidding, it has "Emily" written all over it!"
- "Will you email all your clients and tell them I said hi?" GURL.
- Apparently she got in a lot of trouble with her mom for getting excessively dirty at the playground one weekend (like, covering herself in mud kinda dirty). When I asked her, "Why on earth did you do that!" She said, "I don't know, I just really wanted to and I felt SO ALIVE!" (My heart proceeded to burst in a million different directions...)
- I got a new driver's license after R and I got married, and when I showed to to the kids Emily said, "Wow, Daddy's going to stare at that for HOURS!"



This year, we had quite the celebration for Emily! And... I didn't take any pictures. ;) (I had a listing come on the market that same weekend... again, #realestatelife!) Dan, Brenda and Dana were in town, so we met everyone at the bowling alley in Ennis for a good time (including cheese fries!). Afterwards, we picked up a mountain of pizza to take back to the Hill for dinner and presents. It was quite a whirlwind! Of course she made out like a bandit with presents galore, and it was such a fabulous day. Meghan even made a RAINBOW cake!

For our "Kylie date," I took the sweet dumpling to see "Pitch Perfect 2" at Alamo Drafthouse bright at early... so early we went in our jammies! (Emily loooved that!) We were so excited to try to the brunch menu and be the only ones in the theatre. It was such a fun morning!

Emily, we love you so much and I'm sorry I didn't take pictures for the SECOND year in a row! I feel so terrible! You're such an amazing, smart young lady and we think you're so unbelievably cool. You have the most beautiful spirit (and HAIR!) and I love that you still call me "Ms. Kylie."

No comments: