I'm not going to lie, I used to love these dumb surveys. I used to have a Xanga that was nothing but dumb surveys. Great use of my college time! Coincidentally, it's 12am and an awesome/dumb movie is on TV ("The To-Do List!"), so I'm in no better spirit to oblige my nostalgia.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Marry my best friend, become a licensed real-estate agent, help teach someone to drive (Meggie!), move into a (rental) house of my own residence, fall in love with Richardson, TX.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I had some unrealistic real-estate goals (mainly because I just went with the flow with my timeline and by the time I was with an agency office full-time it was mid-November and there was so reasonable way I could get the sales I threw out to the cosmos in January). BUT I had another general "smile more, bitch less" and I've been pretty consistent with that policy. Life is much more enjoyable when I bitch less.
I have real-estate goals for next year. But I like to treat every morning as a new start.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but many pregnant acquaintances.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, no. However, I would be lying if I said Joan Rivers and Robin Williams sudden tragic deaths didn't affect me hard. I love them.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the USA! However, I did travel to Colorado. :)
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A real-estate "snap." I worked for Whole Foods Market for 4.5 years and as a Whole Foods Concierge for 3ish of those years, and could basically work for that company and do Concierge tasks blind-folded in a war-torn country. I'm really looking forward to getting that comfortable with real-estate.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 12th, because wedding. :) Also, October 31st because that's hilariously when all of my real-estate things (license, etc.) became active and will therefore expire.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Marriage, real-estate license, becoming a better wife and step-mother.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I totaled my sweet and beloved 2004 Rav-4. :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had strep-throat in April and it was bad. Richard had to call into work for me because I couldn't talk at all. (And it doesn't help that I love hanging with my family so much that I insisted on trying to talk whenever I could and therefore recovery was very slow.)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Kate Spade lemon dress, all my new job clothes, Richard's Father's Day trapeze class, and anything related to helping me build my real-estate business.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My husband, step-kids, mom, besties, friends and family because it's pretty crazy awesome how blessed my life is via the people I know. But in particular:
- my cousin, Tonya, and her husband, Stephen, because they've decided for crazy awesome and noble reasons to move back to Texas in February and I'm so excited I can't stand it anymore
- my darling friend, Debbie, because her husband moved to California to start a new business and she stayed in Texas with her two adorable kids and she's a walking saintly inspiration and I adore her
- Hilary, because she's achieved all of her 2014 goals and fashion-texts me always
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled?
I'd like to think not responding to this question is a classy move. :)
14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding, moving into a house, vacationing and real-estate business!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Changing my name legally to thecoolestnameever, leaving Whole Foods to pursue my real-estate career and subsequently ending up working at the best company (Ebby!) AND best office. Also, Meghan graduating high school a year early and getting her driver's license. :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Anaconda x Nicki, Blue Jeans x Lana, Fancy x Iggy, Sissy That Walk x RuPaul, Beyoncè's 2013 album and other Top 40 gems.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? Happier!
(b) thinner or fatter? I wouldn't say "fatter," but I definitely gained some weight after leaving WFM because I wasn't running around a store 40 hours a week, ugh.
(c) richer or poorer? A little of both! #business
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relax, but it's completely understandable why I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Be unnecessarily bitchy to those I love and those who don't affect me.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With friends and family. :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
My husband, daily. :) Also, it's fair to say that I'm an emotional person, and as such I pretty much fall in love with something/someone/some video daily. Cher's Twitter feed, sweet potato/bean combos, John Mulaney, eyebrow pencils, the Cinderella (2015) trailer, Stephen Colbert declaring he's the queen of France (starts around 3:40), Mick Foley, Gaya Bommer Yemini, Alyssa Edwards, etc, etc, etc.
22. What was your favourite TV program?
RuPaul's Drag Race, Parks & Recreation, Breaking Bad, An Idiot Abroad.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I'm pretty consistent!
24. What was the best book you read?
I loved Amy Poehler's "Yes, Please" and cried multiple times at how bright her spirit shines.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Just streaming different albums on Spotify.
26. What did you want and get?
Lots and yes. :)
27. What did you want and not get?
Honestly, I can't think of anything that really stands out.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Of 2014: I really enjoyed "The Lego Movie" and "Boyhood." Of non-2014 (but I watched this year): I loved "Bernie" and "Nebraska."
29. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Moving forward with my career.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
First 6 months: "Wear whatever my apron can't scratch/ruin." Second 6 months: "Laura Petrie sells real-estate."
31. What kept you sane?
Green juice, white cheddar Cheez-Its, drag queen gifs, texting Hilary and Richard's handsome/darling/fun/boring company always.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm (annoyingly) too in love with R to have a crush-crush, but RuPaul, Amy Poehler and Joan Rivers guided my soul hourly.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
All the sad ones, really, but on a happy note I love Pope Francis and all the modern views he's championing for the Catholic church.
34. Who did you miss?
My mother-in-law, Mary. She was so fucking fly.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Don't bitch about it, do something about it. Think positively and work your ever-loving ass off to achieve your goals. Relax when you can and don't be afraid to be yourself.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Nah, I'm good.
No comments:
Post a Comment