ky & da on the trapeze!

Monday, October 27, 2014


Yep, you read that correctly! Traaapeeeze! This year for Father's Day, I found a good ole Groupon for a trapeze class for two. I mean, how can you resist that?! Richard was in a down-right giggle-fest when we did the big present reveal in June, and the kids had the biggest eyes watching their sweet daddy get so excited and giggly just at the prospect. It was such a sweet family moment. :)

Anywho, it took us a long, hot minute to get our schedule lined up with an actual class, but it did not disappoint! The instructors were so incredibly kind and patient and sweet. There were a couple of times I was really "humph!" because I wasn't getting it, but they never stopped encouraging. There were about 10 people in the class, all different age and talent levels, so the instructors really switched gears each time a different person climbed the ladder (thank goodness!). 

Modeling the safety belt! Or, the "hey, eating all those egg rolls before coming here was a terrible idea!" belt (that thing was tight, they weren't playing around).

The Father's Day Man, who quickly found his two new best friends.


And now, the videos! Both R and I managed to complete two tricks, and he got it a lot more quickly than I did... I was just so nervous and eggroll-y! (Don't worry, each playlist is 3 minutes total tops.) If you watch any, just watch Richard's -- his excitement-giggles were the star of the night. ;)

(Admittedly, I did a not-so-great job getting video of him because I was, you know, watching it live, and would then quickly think "oh yeah...!")


It was quite the workout! We were so incredibly sore the following days (and I was covered in leg bruises... the back of your knees isn't such a calloused area unfortunately). But we wouldn't give it up for anything. Now we can look at each other and say "Hey, remember that time we trapeeezed!" SO COOL. Seriously, I couldn't recommend it enough. If you can, try to trapeze at least once in your life.  ;)

No comments: