kylie antoinette

Saturday, August 17, 2013


It's been another few days without either one of my sweeties here at home (Meghan's gone camping, Richard is in Tennessee again), and while I miss them terribly and prefer to have them home with me, it's been kinda nice having some Kylie Time this go-around. Make no mistake, I've still be super emotional and cranky and weepy, but that's just kinda the new norm these days! (And watching the last season of "What Not To Wear" doesn't help either, thankyouverymuch.) But I also need some time to center and focus on the things that chill me out, which include a little shopping, actually using that jasmine body scrub I got for Valentine's Day, enjoying a new veggie juice, reading during my lunch break (not scrolling Instagram), and updating my Tumblr. All silly little things, but they make me feel fresh and relaxed (as relaxed as a manic person can be), and I've learned it's not-so-good when life happens to push those simple pleasures off the plate. Simple pleasures are what make the plate worth having in the first place!

Whenever I have any down time lately, I try to focus on doing enjoyable things for "us," whoever "us" is at that moment (me and R, me and the kittens, us and friends, etc.), but I came away from these past couple of days remembering how important it is to focus on doing enjoyable things for MOI. And only moi! If I want to listen to a podcast, paint my nails, or figure out what my next purchase at the mall is going to be, I shouldn't have to wait until I'm all by myself at the house in order to do it. It sucks because I feel like I'm rudely ignoring the people I love when I do choose to do those things, but those things are what make me a happy/fun Kylie to hang out with in the first place. Where's my Obvious Award for Balance?

So from  now on, I'm going to try to be Kylie Antoinette more often and just ignore my friends/family. KIDDING. But kinda! And I know it's terribly anachronistic and historically devastating to refer to my personal time as "Kylie Antoinette," buuut I don't care because it sounds cute. Now, Kylie Antoinette is going to watch "Dave" (yuuus), drink Pellegrino, and gear up to blow some cash tomorrow. I'm jealous of myself already.

No comments: