"but grimness prevailed"

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

(one of my favorite Mindy tweets)

This week has gotten off to a strange start. R received some unfortunate news yesterday, it's muggy as shit today, and we've been watching Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States rather intently (which is super interesting, but certainly doesn't leave you feeling happy-go-lucky!). I've still been in a good mood, but I can't shake the hilarious "but grimness prevailed" line while I go about my day. 

But! Thankfully the kittens are coming over today for their weekly Tuesday visit, which means hugs, kisses, and Kylie Scouts! I decided the girls and I are going to make a simple dessert to enjoy after dinner, and R3 will get to work on his pinewood derby car for Cub Scouts (already painted a gorgeous candy-apple red by Daddy-man). Here's to some giggles and sweetness to nip the grimness out of this week!

No comments: