Only the discoverer of Tutankhamen's tomb would know how she felt upon finding this treasure hidden by a little boy 40 years ago.
But everything was much better when Richard came home from work; he's such a sweet listener and so silly and we made nachos for dinner! Afterwards, we finally watched "Amelie," which has been one of my favorite films since ever and I've been longing forever to watch it with him since he had not seen it before. I just love it's arching emphasis on simple pleasures and acts of kindness, which makes it the perfect film to inspire when you've had a not-so-great day.
Richard and I adore all sorts of movies, and I find it hilarious and heart-warming how excited we get watching an awesome movie together that one of us hasn't seen. Anything from "Empire of the Sun" and "Unfaithfully Yours," to "Midnight in Paris" and "Wildcats."And while we certainly aren't the same person (he'll never ask me to watch "American History X" and I'll never ask him to watch "La Dolce Vita"), we were so obviously made for each other that I could just burst. :)
We also watched some "Breaking Bad" and went to sleep at a totally responsible hour, which is equally glamourous!
Hey, Richard, thanks for being there to turn a completely hectic/neurotic morning into a totally rad evening. You make everything better and way more fun. I know everything is extra crazy right now, and we both feel a little "blah," but always I love and appreciate you so very much. :)
(screen-cap via here)

No comments:
Post a Comment